Over 100,000 children and adults use Makaton symbols and signs,
either as their main method of communication or as a way to support
speech. In addition to the children and adults with communication and
learning difficulties and the community around them – for example,
teachers, health professionals, friends, public service bodies etc.
And Makaton is increasingly used by the general public to aid communication.
This section highlights the many was that Makton is being used in the community today.
- Join in with the Sign of the Week
- Read the stories of the wide variety of people fusing Makaton at home, at school, at work, and out and about.
- Catch up on the latest news from The Makaton Charity. And subscribe to our free newsletter to get the news delivered to your inbox every month.
- Search for Makaton Friendly places that strive to make their services accessible to people who use Makaton.
- Take part in our online forum, MakaChat , and get advice and support from our team of Makaton experts.