An exciting new communication tool
Totemigo is a multi-purpose tactile tool which uses Makaton symbols to help you communicate and learn in a variety of fun ways. You can use Totemigo for making choices, sentences, matching and much more.
(Please allow 21 days for delivery.)
There are 4 simple steps to using Totemigo:
- Choose your Makaton Core Vocabulary symbols from the Totemigo website
- Print, laminate and cut to size
- Insert labels
- Communicate, learn and play. Let's go!
“Totemigo is an excellent tool which I found really helpful for children in a school setting. I used this at first for a sequencing activity within a communication activity. The pupils found it easy to use and the visuals created a great support and reference point. This would be a tool that I would use widely across my classroom for various activities and with a variety of children.”
Alicia Dooley – Dorin Park School
Use Totemigo with Makaton for...
- Matching e.g. shapes, colours, animals
- Building sentences
- Sequence of events e.g. hospital visit
- Recognition practice between object of reference and symbols
- Instructions e.g. cooking, daily living
- Now and Next options
- Communicating wants and needs (complex but looking into it)
- Subjects e.g. maths sums, PE, science
- Choice making e.g. food choices, clothes, play time activities, colours
- Family tree
- Colourful semantics
- Emotions e.g. how are you feeling, how is someone else feeling