Downloadable PDF file.
Covers a wide range of vocabulary for weekday and leisure activities for groups and individuals: eating, sporting, dancing, crafts, computing and choir; outings to museums, theatres, libraries, fun fairs, garden centres, shops, and more!
"Amazing to see adult products on the shelf!
Very good for colleges or higher education settings etc. Really helpful as a lot of these signs aren't in the national curriculum or core vocabulary so great that I haven't bought the same words twice. Thoroughly recommended!" Emily S
"Recently purchased this and was very excited as it is one of the first resources I have seen aimed at adults! It's been great to take to Day Centres and local colleges to use with the groups of adults I work with. The signs and symbols for activities and places are all really useful and it's been a handy resource to be able to use during sessions." Sarah W
Includes Makaton symbols and line drawings of signs for:
- timetable: the days of the week, morning, afternoon, evening
- types: college, day centre, family, free time, friends, group, holiday, home, talking/ discussion, work
- eating: BBQ, breakfat time, coffee break, cooking, dinner time, eating, housework, lunch time, takeaway
- sporting: bowling/ skittles, football, horse riding, sensory room, snooker, sport/ exercise, sports centre, swimming, trampolining/ rebound
- activities: art/ painting, bingo, boat, computers, craft, dancing, drama, DVD, email, Facebook, games, games console, gardening, karaoke, make-up, music, photography, pottery, quiz, sewing, Skype/ face time, tablet, iPad, telephone, TV, Twitter
- places: bank, café, choir, church, cinema, club, disco, night club, funfair, garden centre, library, museum/ exhibition/ gallery, outing, trip, park, party, pub/ drink, shops, theatre, theme park, walk