The Makaton Charity will adhere to the following standards when
carrying out any Fundraising activities. The Makaton Charity will comply
with all relevant laws.
As a member of the Fundraising Standards Board, we will abide by the
Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Practice and their Fundraising
Promise. We will ensure that fundraising is legal, respectful, open,
honest and accountable.
We commit to use our resources to deliver our charitable aims.
Committed to High Standards
- We will try to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and third
parties working with us will comply with the Code of Fundraising
Practice and Fundraising Promise
- We will comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
Honest and open
- Any fundraising communications with the public will be truthful.
- We will not exaggerate
- We will do what we say we are going to do with the donations.
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do
- All money raised via fundraising activities will comply with the organisation’s stated mission and purpose
- Where we ask a third party to fundraise on our behalf, we will make this relationship and financial arrangement transparent
- We will provide a clear and easily accessible complaints process.
- All personal information collected by The Makaton Charity is
confidential, not for sale, given away or disclosed to any third party
- No general solicitations shall be undertaken by telephone or door-to-door
- We will not pressure anyone to make a gift and we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us not to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
Fair and reasonable
- Fundraising activities should not be undertaken if they will be detrimental to the good name or standing of The Makaton Charity
- We will take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety
- We will take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we have done whilst fundraising,
you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to your feedback
and deal with the matters raised in a timely manner
- We have a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request
- Our complaints procedure will let you know how to contact the
Fundraising Regulator in the event that you feel our response is